Get in the mood with these festive Tipples!
Any Christmas gathering feels that little bit more special with a few festive drinks in tow, why not try out one of these recipes to get that festive feeling?
You will need: cranberry juice, red grapefruit juice, table-salt, a grapefruit slice, ice-cubes, and a martini glass.
1) Salt the rim of your glass by rubbing the rim with a grapefruit slice and then dipping it in salt.
2) Bring out a cocktail shaker and pour in cranberry juice & grapefruit juice
3) Add an ice cube
4) Close the lid tightly and shake
5) Strain the punch into the glass and serve!
Make it a cocktail by adding a shot of gin.
Passion Fruit Martini Mocktail:
You will need: one passion fruit, plus an extra ½ to garnish, sparkling or cloudy apple juice (50ml), passion fruit syrup (15ml), lime juice (15ml) and a few drops of vanilla extract.
1) Slice open the passion fruit and scoop out all of the seeds into a cocktail shaker with ice.
2) Add the rest of the ingredients and shake well.
3) Strain into a coupe or martini glass and garnish with the passion fruit halve.
Orange and Rosemary Fizz:
You will need: oranges (2 large wedges), a rosemary sprig, soda water, pomegranate seeds, and a cinnamon stick.
1) Put the orange and half the rosemary into a highball glass.
2) Muddle well, then fill with ice.
3) Top with soda water, stir to mix, and garnish with pomegranate and cinnamon and the remaining rosemary.
Mulled Tea Punch
You will need: hibiscus tea bags 2, star anise 1, cinnamon sticks 2, plus extra to garnish, cloves 5, cardamom pods 2, orange slices 4, orange juice 120ml, pomegranate juice 120ml, (pure, not from concentrate) and runny honey 2 tbsp.
1) Bring 500ml water to boil in a pan, add the tea bags and spices, and very gently simmer for 10 minutes, then add the orange slices and both juices, and simmer for 15 minutes.
2) Strain the tea to remove the spices and tea bags and pour back into the pan along with the orange slices.
3) Sweeten with honey to taste, then serve in glass mugs, with the orange slices and cinnamon sticks.
Connect with us
View by date